Robbery Prevention Tips
- Avoid poorly lit areas. If you must walk through such areas, walk purposefully and with an air of confidence.
- When walking to your vehicle, have your car keys in hand, before walking across the parking lot.
- When you enter your vehicle, immediately lock your doors.
- When driving, keep your doors locked at all times and your car windows rolled up to the point that an arm can't be stuck into your vehicle.
- When possible, don't walk alone or on dark streets, or take short cuts through deserted area.
- Avoid displaying large amounts of cash, and keep tempting targets, such as jewelry, as hidden as much as possible.
- Before you use a bank's automated teller machine, be observant. Look around the area for people loitering. If you see a suspicious person or persons, do not use that machine at that time.
- Whenever possible, park your car in a well-lit area and as close to an open business as possible.