In your Car
- Never pickup hitchhikers.
- Don't park in the dark.
- Never leave your keys in the car.
- Never allow another vehicle to follow you home.
- Have your keys in hand so you can open the car door without delay.
- Always keep your car in gear when stopped at a traffic signal or stop sign, so if threatened in any way, you can quickly drive away.
- Always check the back seat of your car before getting in.
- If you stop to aid others, do not get out of the car. Ask what the problem is, and go to the nearest phone and call the police.
- Always lock your doors while driving.
- Always prearrange meeting with anyone so you do not have to wait alone.