Personal Safety in your Car
- When driving your car, keep your doors locked and windows rolled up.
- If you stop in traffic or at a light, keep your car in drive and stay alert.
- Never pick up hitchhikers.
- Travel on well-lighted, busy streets. Avoid unsafe areas.
- Check your daily routes -- look for safe places to stop, such as police or fire stations, all-night convenience stores or gas stations.
- If you are being followed, go up to a public place that is safe and call 911. Don't bring the problem home with you.