File a Police Report
The Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) Service Center is a fast, efficient way to file a police report. When you dial 502-574-5673, you will be connected to a trained professional reporting technician who will take your report. You will be given a police report number for your records.
The LMPD Service Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The LMPD Service Center will take the following incident reports by phone:
- Theft reports with a total value under $10,000, except for thefts involving controlled substances or auto break-ins
- Harassment and harassing communications (other than domestic violence)
- Auto theft/unauthorized use of a motor vehicle
- Theft of contents from a motor vehicle
- Theft of motor vehicle registration plates and decals
- Crimes involving fraud, forgery, identity theft or criminal possession of a forged instrument
- Criminal mischief under $10,000
- Lost or missing property
- Any type of miscellaneous report (other than domestic violence)
- Supplemental reports to previously reported incidents - unless it is a stolen controlled substance
In Person Reports
Accident and incident reports are available for pick up at:
701 West Ormsby Avenue
Louisville, KY 40202
Reports can be picked up from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
If you do not know your incident or accident report number, you can email us for an Incident Report number or email us for an accident report number. We will look up your information and email it back to you.